Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help updating my phone

How do I update my phone?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 6:54 AM

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

You might see that your device is up to date and that there's an upgrade available. For example, even if your device is up to date with the latest version of iOS 14, there might be an option to upgrade to iOS 15. You might want to upgrade iOS when you pair an accessory with iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 6:54 AM in response to 1447Macombs

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

You might see that your device is up to date and that there's an upgrade available. For example, even if your device is up to date with the latest version of iOS 14, there might be an option to upgrade to iOS 15. You might want to upgrade iOS when you pair an accessory with iPhone.

I need help updating my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.