Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files not copied to library.

All of a sudden when I import files and have copy to library checked…it doesn’t copy. So my work around is to copy them to a drive then import. But that is not what I have done for years. Is it me or is something else going on. I am stumped. I am on a Mac studio and the latest updates. Lost is Ohio.

Cheers.

Tom

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 9:43 AM

As always, when the application starts to misbehave, the first step is to delete the preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 9:43 AM in response to Thomas Whaley

As always, when the application starts to misbehave, the first step is to delete the preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Files not copied to library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.