Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 IOS 15.6.1 personal hotspot problem

Hi, I am unable to use internet from personal hotspot. I can connect Macbook Air but there is no internet.

I have tried:

1. Turning hotspot on and off
  2. Restarting both devices
  3. Reseting network setting on iphone and changing name and password
  4. Updated Macbook to latest OS
  5. Checked with carrier and everything is fine by their side
  6. Tried to connect other devices but the problem is the same, connected with no internet

Problem started after the update, before that everything was fine. Is there some solution that I didn’t try?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 12:12 AM

To connect to a hotspot you need not use the same Apple ID / iCloud ID.

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

Hotspot is carrier specific feature. Contact you carrier.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 12:12 AM in response to Sofronije1998

To connect to a hotspot you need not use the same Apple ID / iCloud ID.

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

Hotspot is carrier specific feature. Contact you carrier.

Iphone 11 IOS 15.6.1 personal hotspot problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.