Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my Apple ID

I need to change my Apple ID

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 6:07 PM

zena149 wrote:

my I’d is my iCloud email I want to be more private so change it from my first name

Set an emIl alias entry using your current Apple ID email address, and distribute the alias to current and new contacts.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

That’ll let you sort out who has which email address, and give you the opportunity to not send out your name.

Alternatively, an iCloud+ subscription allows access to generated, random email addresses:

Create unique, random email addresses with Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

That means you don’t have to give out a “good” email address at all.

Or sure, you can change your address. But if you do that, then any folks using the old mail address will bounce; they won’t get to you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 6:07 PM in response to zena149

zena149 wrote:

my I’d is my iCloud email I want to be more private so change it from my first name

Set an emIl alias entry using your current Apple ID email address, and distribute the alias to current and new contacts.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

That’ll let you sort out who has which email address, and give you the opportunity to not send out your name.

Alternatively, an iCloud+ subscription allows access to generated, random email addresses:

Create unique, random email addresses with Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

That means you don’t have to give out a “good” email address at all.

Or sure, you can change your address. But if you do that, then any folks using the old mail address will bounce; they won’t get to you.

Aug 27, 2022 4:49 PM in response to zena149

What part of your Apple ID do you want to change?

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Payments? Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If Activation Lock is somehow involved here, you’ll need the original purchase paperwork or the password to the Apple ID holding the lock, or similar paperwork or details to prove ownership to Apple.

I want to change my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.