Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Contacts on iPhone/MAC and iCloud

I have managed to get different info for the same contacts - I updated on my iPhone and expected that iCloud would pick it up and keep it all the same for all devices where I use iCloud? I just have a MAC running Monterey (12.5) and iPhone Xr running 15.6.1 I use my iCloud for the bare minimum (no backing up pics to iCloud). But I do have the options turned on each device to sync Contacts, Notes, Reminders and Calendar.

Can anyone explain how the sync SHOULD work and how I can get all 3 devices to show me the same info. Unfortunately, the most recent data seems to be on my iphone - definitely NOT in iCloud.

How can I know what info is being updated on what device? In testing, I tried updating a contact on my phone - how long should the sync to iCloud take?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:52 PM

Heres the support article

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

2 replies

Syncing Contacts on iPhone/MAC and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.