Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External card reader

I have a Sony XQD card reader which, since the upgrade to Monterey, is no longer recognized by Finder.

Strangely enough, if I leave the card in the camera and connect the camera to iMac then Photos automatically recognizes it.

Tried it on my new Macbook Pro M1 Max: the same result.

I was afraid it was the card reader but that thing works fine on a windows device.

Any suggestions

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:53 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 29, 2022 4:11 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Yes tried it thanks.

brought the reader back to Sony and it appeared to be a faulty reader. Luckily enough I still had 3 days warranty left on it so they will sent it to Service (which will take forever for them to realize replacement is their only option haha).

until then I’ll simply only use the SD card in my camera and use the onboard reader of the MacBook

External card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.