Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail inbox

My iPhone 13 mini shows two inboxes. One is greyed out (old problem). Some messages go in to they inbox and I cannot view them. Also sometimes I open the mail App and I can view messages but when I go to another mailbox and return they are not there. The only way to view them again is to close the App and reopen it.

Any help appreciated

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 4:13 AM

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 4:13 AM in response to NRC999

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Aug 28, 2022 4:12 AM in response to NRC999

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Aug 28, 2022 4:12 AM in response to NRC999

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

Sep 4, 2022 2:19 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your advice and time.

The account has been deleted 3 times now. It does sync with my PC running outlook 2013. I am cleaning they up and logged in to the mail online to see if I can do anything there.

For sure something is weird with this iPhone (for whatever reason).

when I open mail it defaults to the inbox. Sometimes when I go to view another mailbox and then return to the inbox all the mail has gone! The only way I can view it is to close mail and reopen it. Then the messages are showing again

Mail inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.