Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages collaboration

iPad (9th generation)

All editing options are not available while in collaboration with others . I have limited control over formatting my documents , as if they're "pre-set" . I don't have a need to share / collaborate and don't recall inviting anyone . I've tried : turning off smart annotation , the paragraph style in the Table of Contents & comments . Still , every document that I begin or copy & paste already has formatting which I have difficulty changing / removing . I found the Pages Help & User Guide

confusing / not useful . It's been four years , I'll need to replace it with another app if I don't understand how to use it .

🤷‍♀️

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 11:40 AM

Your post is unclear. You say you have limited editing options when collaborating but then you say you have not reason to collaborate. If you want to stop collaborating, see the information in this article:

About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support

Stop sharing a document
Open the document, then tap or click the Collaborate button  > Stop Sharing, then tap or click OK.
When you stop sharing, the document is removed from iCloud Drive for all participants. If you re-share the document later, the link will remain the same. If you set the document's Share Option to "Only people you invite," you will need to re-invite participants.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 11:40 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

Your post is unclear. You say you have limited editing options when collaborating but then you say you have not reason to collaborate. If you want to stop collaborating, see the information in this article:

About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support

Stop sharing a document
Open the document, then tap or click the Collaborate button  > Stop Sharing, then tap or click OK.
When you stop sharing, the document is removed from iCloud Drive for all participants. If you re-share the document later, the link will remain the same. If you set the document's Share Option to "Only people you invite," you will need to re-invite participants.

Sep 2, 2022 6:03 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

SteelCityAnne wrote:

There isn't a Text Edit App ( like on Mac) for iPad , why is that ?

No one here in this user-to-user forum would be able to answer that. You can, however, let Apple know it's something you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, you may want to look at the Notes app. It's pretty powerful and not that hard to use. Or, if it doesn't suit, there are tons of text editing apps in the App Store. Simplenote is, well, very simple. Evernote and Drafts have their uses.

Sep 2, 2022 5:45 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright ; Pages Collaboration

😵‍💫 Indeed it's unclear , I don't get it . I'll re-phrase : after reading nearly the entire iPad user guide for Pages , I realize the dissimilarity of collaboration / sharing and formatting .

There isn't a Text Edit App ( like on Mac) for iPad , why is that ?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0beYuMx_btTAeA57YjcTIXzGQ

I don't like it , though thanks for motivating me to read the Pages User Guide .

😶‍🌫️

Pages collaboration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.