Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Mac OS on MacBook Pro 2011 mfr

My friend purchased a refurb MacBook Pro mfgd 2011, currently operating with OS X 10.11.6 El Capitain

I need to upgrade the OS to High Sierra, in order to install Zoom App., but find no link for the upgrade.

Any solution, other than purchasing a newer computer?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 7:19 PM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2022 7:28 PM in response to HerrmHD

HerrmHD Said:

"Upgrading Mac OS on MacBook Pro 2011 mfr: My friend purchased a refurb MacBook Pro mfgd 2011, currently operating with OS X 10.11.6 El Capitain I need to upgrade the OS to High Sierra, in order to install Zoom App., but find no link for the upgrade. Any solution, other than purchasing a newer computer?"

-------

Installing High Sierra:

Go here to Get the Installer: How to Get Old Versions of macOS - Apple Support

Important:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Upgrading Mac OS on MacBook Pro 2011 mfr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.