Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a flash drive I can use to backup my 2015 MacBook?

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 9:09 PM

mary1954 Said:

"Is there a flash drive I can use to backup my 2015 MacBook?: Is there a flash drive I can use to backup my 2015 MacBook?"

-------

Backing Up with a Flash Drive:

Sure, but it would have to have enough storage in it, and they typically go for more cash for the same capacity as an external drive. I would suggest sticking with an External Hard Drive, being they are rugged and more durable.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 9:09 PM in response to mary1954

mary1954 Said:

"Is there a flash drive I can use to backup my 2015 MacBook?: Is there a flash drive I can use to backup my 2015 MacBook?"

-------

Backing Up with a Flash Drive:

Sure, but it would have to have enough storage in it, and they typically go for more cash for the same capacity as an external drive. I would suggest sticking with an External Hard Drive, being they are rugged and more durable.

Aug 29, 2022 1:42 AM in response to mary1954

Of course you can. But my opinion is you'll be far better served with an actual hard drive. External of course. My experience with cards for data transfer and storage is rather dismal. And, I'm not alone. Cards are to finicky (search posts here about them not being recognized) and easily misplaced.

If you data is that valuable, then I'd definitely suggest an HDD; a pair in fact more added data security. Setting up TimeMachine for back-up (or your app of choice) is an excellent opportunity to gain the expertise you need to be a competent modern computer user.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.