You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.5.1 no longer compatible with Xerox Versalink C405? Or is there a setting I need to change?

Just installed Monterey 12.5.1, and now my Mac won't recognize my Xerox laser printer, a Versalink C405. I"ve got the most recent Xerox driver, but re-installed it anyway. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 12:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 2:47 AM

Hi,

The Xerox VersaLink C405 Color Multifunction Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported printer. If a driver from the printer manufacturer is not working for some reason, you could perhaps try AirPrint. The AirPrint technology is compatible with macOS, and allows printing without the need for additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (subnet). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2022 2:47 AM in response to nataliefromthewoods

Hi,

The Xerox VersaLink C405 Color Multifunction Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a supported printer. If a driver from the printer manufacturer is not working for some reason, you could perhaps try AirPrint. The AirPrint technology is compatible with macOS, and allows printing without the need for additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (subnet). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Aug 29, 2022 7:07 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Jan I'm so grateful for the suggestion. I never have set up an internet connection for this printer, so I've gone straight to the documentation to do that now. Having trouble figuring out the admin login, but I live in hope. When I finally get that business figured out and try the AirPrint procedure, I'll post here whether or not it worked. THANK YOU.

Monterey 12.5.1 no longer compatible with Xerox Versalink C405? Or is there a setting I need to change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.