Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do i do if my find me was not on to find my device

how can a track my iphone if the find me was off

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 8:01 AM

If you had a passcode (with or without Face ID) on the phone, the data on the phone is protected.

If you get an email or text claiming to be from Apple saying your phone has been located, be aware that is a common phishing scam to get your Apple ID password in order to bypass activation lock.

Also see Apple's recommendations in If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 8:01 AM in response to allisson24

If you had a passcode (with or without Face ID) on the phone, the data on the phone is protected.

If you get an email or text claiming to be from Apple saying your phone has been located, be aware that is a common phishing scam to get your Apple ID password in order to bypass activation lock.

Also see Apple's recommendations in If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2022 8:41 AM in response to allisson24

See the information in If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support including the following:

If your missing device doesn't appear in the Find My app or at iCloud.com/find, you didn't turn on Find My. There's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you. But there are steps that you can take to help protect your data.

What do i do if my find me was not on to find my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.