Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone book is downloading ….. forever

Since the last iphone update my contacts list is inaccessible by my car. Phone is synced to bluetooth & all contacts. What can i do to fix this?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 2:04 PM

thank you for taking time to assist - I ended up un-syncing in settings and also turning off bluetooth for a few hours- when I turned on bluetooth and re-synced phone to car multimedia it works ...... until next weeks update!

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 29, 2022 8:09 AM in response to 2bsavvy

Where are your contacts stored?

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Phone book is downloading ….. forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.