Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I don't have a new iPhone, but want to back-up / restore my current iPhone. Anything need to be done differently versus the purchase of a new iPhone?

What if I don't have a new iPhone, but want to back-up / restore my current iPhone. Anything need to be done differently versus the purchase of a new iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 11:11 AM

You should ALWAYS be backing up your iPhone regularly (I'd recommend daily), whether or not you're planning on getting a new phone. The whole point of a backup is that in case the unforeseen happens (your phone gets lost, stolen, run over by a bus, dropped in the ocean), your data is recoverable.

Start here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Todd_the_Eagle

You should ALWAYS be backing up your iPhone regularly (I'd recommend daily), whether or not you're planning on getting a new phone. The whole point of a backup is that in case the unforeseen happens (your phone gets lost, stolen, run over by a bus, dropped in the ocean), your data is recoverable.

Start here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.