Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to not delete email off all devises -- even with IMAP

Kids are off at school but we kept their email accounts on our home Mac since we need to see some of their emails (like asking for tuition to be paid). They also get their emails on their iPhones and MacBooks. Is it possible to set up mail so if we delete at home on our Mac, emails do not delete from their devises and vice versa. Up until this morning, I could delete my emails off my iPhone and it wouldn't delete from our home Mac and vice versa but in bumbling around trying to figure out how my setting differed from the kids settings, I changed something and now my iPhone and Mac email are synching so deleting off one deletes off the other (ugh). I recall at one time being able to check "delete from server" but I do not see that selection anywhere now.

Help.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 12:57 PM

MKW83 wrote:

Kids are off at school but we kept their email accounts on our home Mac since we need to see some of their emails (like asking for tuition to be paid). They also get their emails on their iPhones and MacBooks. Is it possible to set up mail so if we delete at home on our Mac, emails do not delete from their devises and vice versa. Up until this morning, I could delete my emails off my iPhone and it wouldn't delete from our home Mac and vice versa but in bumbling around trying to figure out how my setting differed from the kids settings, I changed something and now my iPhone and Mac email are synching so deleting off one deletes off the other (ugh). I recall at one time being able to check "delete from server" but I do not see that selection anywhere now.

Help.

Mail account would need to be set up as a POP3 account, check with your mail provider for the correct settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 12:57 PM in response to MKW83

MKW83 wrote:

Help.

Mail account would need to be set up as a POP3 account, check with your mail provider for the correct settings.

Possible to not delete email off all devises -- even with IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.