Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usefulness of Find My Mac

My $4500 MacBook Pro is gone. Not sure if I lost it or it was stolen. That's not the case so please don't focus on that. The issue here is that I tried to use Find My (both the app and the web version) and in none of them the lost mac shows its last reported location. Heck, it doesn't show anything other than the word "Offline". I already send the sound command, set up a message and I'm 99% sure I opted in for all the location options when I was setting it up last may.

I was with apple support for over 2 hours and 4 different agents, and they couldn't figure out or give me any useful info on why there was no location shown, or what to do about it.

1. So, what's the point of Find My if you cannot even see the last location of the Macbook?
  2. Any know of anything that can be done by support so they can trigger whatever option it may be missing so it can shows wether my Macbook last location was my home, my office or anything in between?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply
1 reply

Usefulness of Find My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.