Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac 24” mouse is frozen. I cannot access computer functions other than signing on and off, what do I do?

My mouse doesn’t seem to correspond to computer. The arrow is frozen on the screen. I can type in to sign on and off but nothing else. I cannot access any other functions of computer with mouse

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Yes, any USB mouse will work (With the proper adapter)

You charge the mouse with the color-coded lightning cable you got with the computer. Unfortunately, you can't use the mouse while charging since the connection is in the bottom.

Recharge the built-in battery in your Apple keyboard, mouse, or trackpad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 12:19 PM in response to haunani256

Yes, any USB mouse will work (With the proper adapter)

You charge the mouse with the color-coded lightning cable you got with the computer. Unfortunately, you can't use the mouse while charging since the connection is in the bottom.

Recharge the built-in battery in your Apple keyboard, mouse, or trackpad - Apple Support

My iMac 24” mouse is frozen. I cannot access computer functions other than signing on and off, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.