Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do videos on social media start on mute?

Never in all these years having iPhone had encountered this annoying “feature”. In fact, I was surprised this is nothing new, as I Googled for an answer and stumbled upon other people complaining about this same issue since a couple of years ago, since never in all the updates I had done to my phone!

So the old way to fix, according to the previous discussions, was going to Settings, then Photos and then turning off Auto Play Videos and Live Photos. Well, that’s how my settings have always been and videos still start muted!

Apple, what do we do now, to not have to press volume up every time we start a video?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 2:56 AM

Which Social Media platform that you addressing is not clear from your post.

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps or a specific website then please contact the app developer or site publisher/host directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply

Why do videos on social media start on mute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.