Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard cleaning

I spilled sriracha sauce on my macbook air keyboard. I did my best to clean up between the keys, however now there is still residue on the sides of the keys themselves. How do I clean those off without pushing the residue further down?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 8:56 PM

lmcrank Said:

"keyboard cleaning: I spilled sriracha sauce on my macbook air keyboard. I did my best to clean up between the keys, however now there is still residue on the sides of the keys themselves. How do I clean those off without pushing the residue further down?"

-------

Get this Mac Serviced - ASAP...

Stop fiddling with this and get it serviced. Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Contact Apple:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPad
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 8:56 PM in response to lmcrank

lmcrank Said:

"keyboard cleaning: I spilled sriracha sauce on my macbook air keyboard. I did my best to clean up between the keys, however now there is still residue on the sides of the keys themselves. How do I clean those off without pushing the residue further down?"

-------

Get this Mac Serviced - ASAP...

Stop fiddling with this and get it serviced. Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Contact Apple:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit linger to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you.

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPad

keyboard cleaning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.