Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add anyone to a shared calendar

I set up a calendar in iCloud and when I go to add someone to the calendar all of my contacts are greyed out

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 8:51 AM

Thanks for your reply! I found out that I just needed to add an email address to the contact I trying to add - the reason they were all grayed out is because all of my contacts don't have email addresses saved within them.

3 replies

Aug 31, 2022 8:19 AM in response to lis266

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Aug 31, 2022 8:19 AM in response to lis266

lis266 wrote:

all of my contacts are greyed out

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

Can't add anyone to a shared calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.