Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my password to my account

Hi, my roommate was trying to fix something on my phone for me. Needless to say they did not know what they were doing. I’m not sure what she did but she ended up getting me signed out of my account. I do not know the password to my account

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 8:20 AM

I assume you are talking about your Apple ID passsword (which you use for your iCloud account) as oppposed to the passcode for your actual device.

You cannot retrieve it, but you can reset it and create a new password: please see If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once done you will of course have to sign out and re-sign in on any other devices or services using your ID.

If in fact you have got yourself locked out of your phone and don't know the passcode please see LotusPilot's post here: how do I enable my son's Ipad mini, messa… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 8:20 AM in response to jenl227

I assume you are talking about your Apple ID passsword (which you use for your iCloud account) as oppposed to the passcode for your actual device.

You cannot retrieve it, but you can reset it and create a new password: please see If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once done you will of course have to sign out and re-sign in on any other devices or services using your ID.

If in fact you have got yourself locked out of your phone and don't know the passcode please see LotusPilot's post here: how do I enable my son's Ipad mini, messa… - Apple Community

How do I find my password to my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.