Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Custom Label

I've searched and cannot get an adequate answer. Have an iPhone 12 with IOS15.6.1. I need to add "CUSTOM LABELS" within my current database. Some will allow me, most will not. New contacts do not offer the ability to add CUSTOM LABELS either.

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 8:55 AM

Whether or not a contact can have custom labels depends on the email account that the contact is associated with. The master copy of contacts is on the server for one or more email accounts; you apparently have more than one. And most email providers do not support custom labels. You can do 2 things:

• Go to Settings/Contacts and make the default account iCloud - this means that all new contacts will sync to iCloud, which DOES support custom labels.
  • Using a 3rd party app such as Groups move the contacts that are not synced to iCloud to an iCloud contact group. Alternatively, if you have the same accounts on a Mac you can drag any non-iCloud contacts to an iCloud contact group.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 8:55 AM in response to MBCC3Park

Whether or not a contact can have custom labels depends on the email account that the contact is associated with. The master copy of contacts is on the server for one or more email accounts; you apparently have more than one. And most email providers do not support custom labels. You can do 2 things:

• Go to Settings/Contacts and make the default account iCloud - this means that all new contacts will sync to iCloud, which DOES support custom labels.
  • Using a 3rd party app such as Groups move the contacts that are not synced to iCloud to an iCloud contact group. Alternatively, if you have the same accounts on a Mac you can drag any non-iCloud contacts to an iCloud contact group.

Contacts Custom Label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.