Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods are not charging equally

My EarPods are not charging equally when I change them. One says 100 the other says 83. The case says 100%. How can I resolve this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 9:45 PM

Ronbar52 Said:

"EarPods question: My EarPods are not charging equally when I change them. One says 100 the other says 83. The case says 100%. How can I resolve this?"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it needs to resync with the charger
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 9:45 PM in response to Ronbar52

Ronbar52 Said:

"EarPods question: My EarPods are not charging equally when I change them. One says 100 the other says 83. The case says 100%. How can I resolve this?"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it needs to resync with the charger

Aug 31, 2022 4:16 PM in response to Ronbar52

This is normal, because one Airpod is the “master” and delivers the data to the other. Due to this important role, it consumes more power and therefore the battery drains faster on one. It is mostly the AirPod nearest to your iPhone. So for example, if you carrying your iPhone in your right pocket, it’s your right Airpod which will overtake that master role.

The charging speed after both AirPods are in their case is equally the same.

My AirPods are not charging equally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.