Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted speaker

My right internal speaker on my MacBook has been distorted since the latest update there was nothing wrong with it before how do I fix this situation? I cannot use my laptop without using headphones now.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 5:40 PM

I guess you could also boot the laptop into Safe Mode so that third party software is prevented from automatically launching during boot in case third party software is interfering. You can also create a new macOS user account, log out of the main account and log into the new user account. Do you have the same issue?

Most likely that speaker is bad. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 5:40 PM in response to thaiesse

I guess you could also boot the laptop into Safe Mode so that third party software is prevented from automatically launching during boot in case third party software is interfering. You can also create a new macOS user account, log out of the main account and log into the new user account. Do you have the same issue?

Most likely that speaker is bad. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm.

Distorted speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.