Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac continues to open emails in mail, despite having set outlook as default email app. What do I do?

I've got a Mac mini M1, 2020 with Mac OS Monterey. I've been able to change outlook as the default email app in mail, nevertheless whenever I'm opening saved emails they continue to open in Mail.

Anyone has any advice on how to fix this?

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 2:03 AM

In the below illustration - to change the Default Application for the RTF file from TextEdit to Pages

Suggest, Right Click on one of the Saved E-mail files and Get Info and Change the Default Application fromApple Mail to Outlook.

Now while still there - look closely for the wording Change ALL

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 2:03 AM in response to huybster

In the below illustration - to change the Default Application for the RTF file from TextEdit to Pages

Suggest, Right Click on one of the Saved E-mail files and Get Info and Change the Default Application fromApple Mail to Outlook.

Now while still there - look closely for the wording Change ALL

My Mac continues to open emails in mail, despite having set outlook as default email app. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.