Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my initials beside my texts when I send them

How do I get my initials by my text messages when I send one

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 6:52 AM

Start by going to Settings>Contacts>My Info. Is your contact card selected? If not select it. If you don't have one, add yourself to Contacts.

If you have a picture in your contacts, you'll see your picture, not your initials. To see the initials, you'd need to remove the picture.

Note that what you see is not necessarily what your recipient sees. If you want other people to see your photo, go to Settings>Messages>share Name and Photo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Skeeter47

Start by going to Settings>Contacts>My Info. Is your contact card selected? If not select it. If you don't have one, add yourself to Contacts.

If you have a picture in your contacts, you'll see your picture, not your initials. To see the initials, you'd need to remove the picture.

Note that what you see is not necessarily what your recipient sees. If you want other people to see your photo, go to Settings>Messages>share Name and Photo.

How do I get my initials beside my texts when I send them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.