Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching Radio on iMac

It's been a while since I've used Apple Music to play much more than music I own, because it seems Apple is pushing its non-hardware business toward rented content. Still, I figured it might still be a good alternative to listening to streaming stations through browsers, or proprietary apps.

However, when I search for a local station on Music, I get "not found in your library." The only instructions I find on line are to use Apple Radio. Under no circumstances am I spending another $10 a month on yet another subscription. Is there any way to use Music to listen to streaming services without paying Apple for otherwise free content?

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:33 AM

When you do a search, make sure you are on the Apple Music tab and not Your Library tab.

5 replies

Sep 1, 2022 9:00 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. I tried searching on Soma, and got "not in your library." I tried searching on WGBH - something prominent in the subscription service - and got "not in your library." Is there some hidden search function I'm missing? I mean, it really doesn't matter that much, since I can listen to Soma or a PBS station (both of which I already pay for by contributions), through a browser on desktop, or apps on my iPhone.

I can't even find a preference for viewing streaming stations.

Searching Radio on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.