Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet: unable to verify card

Hi everyone!

I've read a few threads on this issue, but I couldn't solve it myself.

1. So, I have a card that I want to add to my apple wallet.
  2. I add it
  3. It requires verification by text message using my old phone number
  4. I change the number in settings (Settings -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Transactions Defaults -> Phone)
  5. Verification of any card still tries to send text messages to the phone number which I lost and can't recover
  6. I try to contact Apple directly, but since I live in Serbia, I'm not able to do it

So, what should I do in this case? I need my apple pay...

I would appreciate any help.

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 9:59 AM

So, I solved the problem somehow. I don't know exactly what helped, so I'll post here actions I took:

1. Go to Settings -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Transactions Defaults -> Phone. Delete the number that you wanted to use as a new number to verify your cards
  2. Next, delete the number that you WANT to use to verify your cards
  3. Next, go to Phone application -> Contacts -> Click on your profile -> Edit -> Add number that you want to use to verify your card and mark it as 'mobile' -> Press Done
  4. Go back Transactions Defaults from step #1. Go to Phone property and choose newly added number as a main number
  5. Wait for indefenite amount of time and it will be updated

I wish everyone good luck. Hope it will help

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 9:59 AM in response to yanisneverlies

So, I solved the problem somehow. I don't know exactly what helped, so I'll post here actions I took:

1. Go to Settings -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Transactions Defaults -> Phone. Delete the number that you wanted to use as a new number to verify your cards
  2. Next, delete the number that you WANT to use to verify your cards
  3. Next, go to Phone application -> Contacts -> Click on your profile -> Edit -> Add number that you want to use to verify your card and mark it as 'mobile' -> Press Done
  4. Go back Transactions Defaults from step #1. Go to Phone property and choose newly added number as a main number
  5. Wait for indefenite amount of time and it will be updated

I wish everyone good luck. Hope it will help

Sep 3, 2022 3:06 PM in response to yanisneverlies

Hey yanisneverlies,

We can understand wanting to look into your options for receiving that verification code so you can add your card for use with Apple Pay.

First, we'd suggest trying the steps in the following article as that will help confirm everything is set up properly for Apple Pay: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

"

1. Check that you're able to use Apple Pay:
  1. Check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If you see the message "Could Not Add Card" or "Invalid Card," contact your bank or card issuer.

Apple does not approve or decline cards for use with Apple Pay. If your card was declined, contact your bank or card issuer.

If you need help adding a card, learn how to set up Apple Pay."

As the verification code is being sent to the incorrect phone number, you'll want to call your bank or card issuer to ensure your phone number is updated on their end as the verification number would be based on what is set up on your card account.

Thanks!

Apple Wallet: unable to verify card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.