Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad safari has stopped working

Don't know what happened but wanted to use Safari and whenever I touched it Mail would come up. Thought I had touched incorrectly and it did it again - repeatedly. When I touch Mail it loads Mail. So I powered down the iPad and restarted it but it made no difference. Any one else experience this? Any suggestions? Thanks

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 6:42 PM

poodl3s Said:

"iPad safari has stopped working: Don't know what happened but wanted to use Safari and whenever I touched it Mail would come up.[...]"

-------

Close All Apps:

Mail is probably trying to open something (i.e. a hyperlink for a website.). Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up wkly for all apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 6:42 PM in response to poodl3s

poodl3s Said:

"iPad safari has stopped working: Don't know what happened but wanted to use Safari and whenever I touched it Mail would come up.[...]"

-------

Close All Apps:

Mail is probably trying to open something (i.e. a hyperlink for a website.). Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up wkly for all apps.

iPad safari has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.