Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert a folder with documents numbers (iWork 09) to PDF

I have an old iMac that I am still very comfortable working with. I create my invoices with Numbers version 2.3 and at the end of the month I would like to transform all invoices made with numbers into PDF files. I tried with Automator following some scripts found on the net, but it always crashes. I also tried with Applescript only, but it also crashes. So I tried to open (selecting all invoices) with preview and then selecting all files, print, pdf .. but it only prints the header of the document and not the invoice. I wouldn't want to open them one by one and manually convert months of work ... Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 5:36 PM

Robbizz wrote:

... Any ideas?

Yes. Time to upgrade! You may be "comfortable" using an ancient Mac running a long outdated operating system and version of Numbers, but you are missing out on a lot.

What you describe should be possible with AppleScript, and might be worth doing after you upgrade if you have many documents you need to convert. Otherwise, doing the conversion manually shouldn't take that long.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Robbizz

Robbizz wrote:

... Any ideas?

Yes. Time to upgrade! You may be "comfortable" using an ancient Mac running a long outdated operating system and version of Numbers, but you are missing out on a lot.

What you describe should be possible with AppleScript, and might be worth doing after you upgrade if you have many documents you need to convert. Otherwise, doing the conversion manually shouldn't take that long.

SG

Convert a folder with documents numbers (iWork 09) to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.