Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime mutes person on line when noise on my end

Whenever I FaceTime anyone they are muted for any sound on my end. My children making noise in the background, a dog barking, if we were to talk at the same time - I can see the person I’m speaking with’s lips moving but no sound. And it takes multiple seconds for their sound to come back. Only has happened for me on iPhone 13. Closing app, restarting phone, updating it is not working. Help.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 9:13 PM

Hi Shasha9997,

Welome to the Apple Community.

We don't know which iOS version you are using,

or

what audio settings the people you are having on /' off trouble hearing have on their phones.:

Eg: you might need to ask them to unmute

Re: Only has happened for me on iPhone 13

Wondering if this Apple Support article (iOS 15) may be helpful:

Change FaceTime audio settings on iPhone – Apple Support

Eg: You might want to experiment with Spatial Audio, Voice Isolation mode, and /or Wide Spectrum mode.

For troubleshooting:

Eg: You might want to check your iPhone speaker

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

If needed:

You m might want to reach out to the FaceTime Support Team:

(There is a "Get Support" link (or a"Support" app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below)

FaceTime - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 9:13 PM in response to Shasha9997

Hi Shasha9997,

Welome to the Apple Community.

We don't know which iOS version you are using,

or

what audio settings the people you are having on /' off trouble hearing have on their phones.:

Eg: you might need to ask them to unmute

Re: Only has happened for me on iPhone 13

Wondering if this Apple Support article (iOS 15) may be helpful:

Change FaceTime audio settings on iPhone – Apple Support

Eg: You might want to experiment with Spatial Audio, Voice Isolation mode, and /or Wide Spectrum mode.

For troubleshooting:

Eg: You might want to check your iPhone speaker

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

If needed:

You m might want to reach out to the FaceTime Support Team:

(There is a "Get Support" link (or a"Support" app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below)

FaceTime - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

FaceTime mutes person on line when noise on my end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.