Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purple vertical line

My macbook pro has a vertical purple line. Has anyone had this before?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:43 PM

Jenalberti Said:

"purple vertical line: My macbook pro has a vertical purple line. Has anyone had this before?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Vertical on a Mac:

I. Start with a Screenshot:

What happens when you take a screenshot? Do you still see this error, when view in (i.e. in the Photos app)? If so, then it is an issue with the iPadOS, if not, then it is a hardware issue, and you should get this serviced. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

II. Get this Serviced:

If this is not shown in a screenshot, then get this serviced. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, see if it can be fixed, and if it would be of no cost to you (if found to be faulty device).

A. To Set Up a Genius Bar Appointment:

Set up a Genius Bar Appointment (GBA) at your local Apple Store.

1. Siart here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple
  2. Scroll down to the Bottom of the page
  3. Click the Get hardware help button
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

B. What to Bring:

Important: Bring some notes, your original proof of purchase, and create a backup prior to bringing it in. Though not required, bring the power adapter along, in case theirs does not work.  See More here: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Ready for Service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Jenalberti

Jenalberti Said:

"purple vertical line: My macbook pro has a vertical purple line. Has anyone had this before?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Vertical on a Mac:

I. Start with a Screenshot:

What happens when you take a screenshot? Do you still see this error, when view in (i.e. in the Photos app)? If so, then it is an issue with the iPadOS, if not, then it is a hardware issue, and you should get this serviced. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

II. Get this Serviced:

If this is not shown in a screenshot, then get this serviced. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, see if it can be fixed, and if it would be of no cost to you (if found to be faulty device).

A. To Set Up a Genius Bar Appointment:

Set up a Genius Bar Appointment (GBA) at your local Apple Store.

1. Siart here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple
  2. Scroll down to the Bottom of the page
  3. Click the Get hardware help button
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

B. What to Bring:

Important: Bring some notes, your original proof of purchase, and create a backup prior to bringing it in. Though not required, bring the power adapter along, in case theirs does not work.  See More here: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Ready for Service - Apple Support

purple vertical line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.