Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my iPad Pro to my non-Apple TV?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:39 PM

The simplest way to connect your IPad to a TV is by using an HDMI cable. With a US$50 Apple Digital AV Adapter, you can connect any TV to show movies and photos from your iPad. You simply connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV. Then, connect the adapter to another end of the cable and plug it into your iPad. Your iPad will handle all the HDCP verification for you to play your iTunes movies on your TV.

While this is a simple approach, it does have its drawbacks, especially for collaborative spaces. Stringing a long HDMI cable to your TV across the floor is messy – and if someone trips over it – can be a disaster for your TV, iPad – or both.

If you want to share content from your iPad at work – cables make it difficult to stay properly spaced for social distancing – and the cost of adding or hiding cables to support more devices can be really expensive.  

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 9:39 PM in response to A3

The simplest way to connect your IPad to a TV is by using an HDMI cable. With a US$50 Apple Digital AV Adapter, you can connect any TV to show movies and photos from your iPad. You simply connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV. Then, connect the adapter to another end of the cable and plug it into your iPad. Your iPad will handle all the HDCP verification for you to play your iTunes movies on your TV.

While this is a simple approach, it does have its drawbacks, especially for collaborative spaces. Stringing a long HDMI cable to your TV across the floor is messy – and if someone trips over it – can be a disaster for your TV, iPad – or both.

If you want to share content from your iPad at work – cables make it difficult to stay properly spaced for social distancing – and the cost of adding or hiding cables to support more devices can be really expensive.  

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.