Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hotspot network appears hidden and it is hardly reachable by other devices, especially Windows OS devices.

Hello!

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max (512GB), updated to iOS 15.6.1.

I use 4G on my iPhone. When I enable the personal hotspot and I connect my MacBook Pro (2019), I am then experiencing issues connecting my other laptop - MSI (Windows 10 Home, updated BIOS and OS to the latest versions).

When I open the MSI's wi-fi networks list, I see the hotspot as "Hidden Network", when I click it and enter the SSID name (the network name) and password, the connection is not possible.

Does anyone else experience this issue? Are there any known limits of the hotspot, which Apple takes good care for not letting us know? I experience this issue with my Philips Android 9 TV as well (which is again updated to the latest OS version).

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 4:36 AM

I actually found the solution here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31265464/iphone-personal-hotspot-not-discoverable

It appears that when you leave the Personal Hotspot menu, the broadcasting stops.

I hope that helps you!

1 reply

iPhone hotspot network appears hidden and it is hardly reachable by other devices, especially Windows OS devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.