Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Safari 13.1.2 still safe to use?

Hello, my bank app does not support Safari 13.1.2 anymore.

Safari cannot be upgraded, because my dear old iMac does not go beyond OS High Sierra.

This problem was solved by using another browser (Firefox) for my bank app.

But my question: is Safari 13.1.2. still safe to use in general as my standard browser?

Thanks for your reply!

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 6:52 AM

That's the usual workaround.

It is not uncommon for a bank website or any other to perform a "browser check" to determine what you're using and to demand something else before it will load that page. It's a banal technique that is easily bypassed by anyone with even basic knowledge of browsers and what they do.

Apple addresses potential security exploits as they arise, but there is a point at which they no longer provide updates for older operating systems.

But my question: is Safari 13.1.2. still safe to use in general as my standard browser?

Yes. I'm using it now:

You may find reading Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community worthwhile.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 6:52 AM in response to AlegoV

That's the usual workaround.

It is not uncommon for a bank website or any other to perform a "browser check" to determine what you're using and to demand something else before it will load that page. It's a banal technique that is easily bypassed by anyone with even basic knowledge of browsers and what they do.

Apple addresses potential security exploits as they arise, but there is a point at which they no longer provide updates for older operating systems.

Yes. I'm using it now:

You may find reading Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community worthwhile.

Is Safari 13.1.2 still safe to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.