Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download apps in MAC

Hi there,

This is Bowen, recently I have moved from China to US, and I changed the region on my iPhone, iPad and MAC, and then My iPhone and iPad can download some apps that can be used in US.

However, my Mac still can't find the apps or download them. I wonder why because I've setting them the same.

Looking forward to your kind reply!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:19 AM

Is your Mac an Intel model or an Apple Silicon (M1, M2) model?

Intel models cannot download or run apps made for iPad or iPhone. There would need to be a specific version of the app for Intel Macs for you to use the App on the Mac.

For Apple Silicon( M1, M2) models that can run iPad and iPhone apps natively, it's down to the app developer to make it available on the Mac. Not all developers make their iPhone and iPad apps directly available on the Mac.

If the app does not appear in the Mac App Store app, then it's simply not available for Mac.

Moire info here: link-> Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 8:19 AM in response to 博雯

Is your Mac an Intel model or an Apple Silicon (M1, M2) model?

Intel models cannot download or run apps made for iPad or iPhone. There would need to be a specific version of the app for Intel Macs for you to use the App on the Mac.

For Apple Silicon( M1, M2) models that can run iPad and iPhone apps natively, it's down to the app developer to make it available on the Mac. Not all developers make their iPhone and iPad apps directly available on the Mac.

If the app does not appear in the Mac App Store app, then it's simply not available for Mac.

Moire info here: link-> Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

Sep 2, 2022 8:09 AM in response to 博雯

You need to have a debit / credit card issued by a bank in US.

You need to have a billing address in US.

Then -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

•               On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

•               Change also your billing address.

Can't download apps in MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.