Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imessage stopped working and won’t deliver messages. I tried turning iMessage off and restarting, then turning back on. I checked all of the settings.

How can I fix imessages on my iPad. It works on my iPhone.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 9:55 AM

An iPad does not have the ability by itself to send SMS messages, which is what you need to do if you're sending to non-Apple devices.

If you have an iPhone, you can connect your iPad to that and you'll be able to do what you want.

Start here:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Saxton66

An iPad does not have the ability by itself to send SMS messages, which is what you need to do if you're sending to non-Apple devices.

If you have an iPhone, you can connect your iPad to that and you'll be able to do what you want.

Start here:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

My imessage stopped working and won’t deliver messages. I tried turning iMessage off and restarting, then turning back on. I checked all of the settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.