Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud messages

How do I access my saved iCloud messages on a regular laptop? I want to delete my messages to save storage but I still want to be able to look at them on my laptop. I do not have a mac.

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 12:46 PM

It wouldn't help even if you had a Mac. See the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

Also see the following from that same support article:

When you turn on Messages in iCloud, your message history is updated automatically on all of your devices. That way, you always have the same view everywhere you use iMessage. When you delete a message, photo, or conversation on one device, it’s removed from all of your devices. And since all of your attachments are stored in iCloud, you can save space on your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 12:46 PM in response to Mickeybaker1234

It wouldn't help even if you had a Mac. See the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

Also see the following from that same support article:

When you turn on Messages in iCloud, your message history is updated automatically on all of your devices. That way, you always have the same view everywhere you use iMessage. When you delete a message, photo, or conversation on one device, it’s removed from all of your devices. And since all of your attachments are stored in iCloud, you can save space on your device.

iCloud messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.