Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

severe ios 15.6 battery issue

after updating my iphone 6s to ios 15.6, it now started to die in a matter of minutes. the battery percentage goes down impossibly fast and its rendering the phone unusable. it had no problems until this update. what can be done?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 12:26 PM

At 80% Battery Health, Apple recommends changing the battery! All batteries degrade over time and with usage. An Apple Battery lasts about 2 years. You need a new battery. I have supplied the links you need to replace your failing battery...

3 replies

Sep 2, 2022 12:17 PM in response to razu161

Have you restarted the phone since the update? You might also try a Forced Restart...

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

But I suspect that your battery is beginning to fail as your phone is an older model. You should make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for Battery replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

Sep 2, 2022 12:20 PM in response to frazzm737

the phone restarts on its own. it keeps shutting down. and concerning the battery health, i knew this would be brought up and so i have to clarify. the battery is at 80% health. its not ideal but its not bad enough to render the phone useless. again, the issue started the exact moment i updated the phone. up till then ive had no problems with it.

severe ios 15.6 battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.