Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone

I can’t locate the phone by find my phone. Is there any other way to see where it is?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 1:15 PM

Kryztopher014 wrote:

I can’t locate the phone by find my phone. Is there any other way to see where it is?

No.

Here is what to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

5 replies

Sep 2, 2022 8:18 PM in response to Kryztopher014

Kryztopher014 wrote:

Oh wow! Supper helpful. Is there any way to activate find my iPhone from another account?

If the iPhone does not show up from another device logged into the same Apple ID or from iCloud.con/Find, then you will have to search manually.

If you can not locate the iPhone via Find My as was stated earlier, then there is no other means to locate it. Hence, “no”.

You cannot remotely activate Find My, if it was not already enabled. That would be massively abused, and a privacy disaster.

What else to do is included in: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Sep 2, 2022 7:48 PM in response to Kryztopher014

Are you saying that the Find My option was not enabled before you lost the phone? Unfortunately, if Find My is not enabled, there is no way to locate the phone on a map.

Or, are you saying that you did enable Find My on the phone before it was lost and it will not show up on a map? if that is the case, the phone's battery has run down or the phone is not connected to the Internet.

Sep 2, 2022 7:47 PM in response to Kryztopher014

Kryztopher014 Said:

"I lost my phone: I can’t locate the phone by find my phone. Is there any other way to see where it is?"

-------

Locating Lost iPhone:

If Find My is Not an Option:

A. Backtrack your Locations:

Do it the olde fashioned way and backtrack your locations. For instance, if you were at a retail store, then stop in, asking the store manger if it was placed aside.

B. Lost-&-Found:

Chick with the Lost & Found department of the facility you were in, seeing if it has been handed over.

C. Contact Local Authorities:

See if the community police, or local security guards at the front door, can across it.

D. Use Craigslist:

Put a post on Craigslist, seeing if they have been found.

I lost my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.