Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson ET-2650 series won’t print on Macbook 2017

Hi, My printer won’t work from my 2017 macbook with Monterey version 12.5.1

i can print from my iPhone but not any word documents from my macbook. Any newer solutions or a work around in 2022?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:48 AM

Hi,

The Epson ET-2650 is listed as a supported printer in About AirPrint - Apple Support. You have noticed that printing is possible from an iPhone (Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support). An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (12 Monterey), and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer (and the iPhone) are connected to the same network (subnet, Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer and the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 9:48 AM in response to MrsTopkat1

Hi,

The Epson ET-2650 is listed as a supported printer in About AirPrint - Apple Support. You have noticed that printing is possible from an iPhone (Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support). An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (12 Monterey), and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer (and the iPhone) are connected to the same network (subnet, Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you may want to try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer and the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Sep 2, 2022 6:38 PM in response to MrsTopkat1

Dunno.. here’s the latest driver /software for it( mac os 15) https://epson.ca/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/ET-Series/Epson-ET-2650/s/SPT_C11CF47201.. there’s a firmware update for it.. maybe give that a go.. so from your iPhone( and probably iPad ) is fine.. so AirPrint or Epson’s printer app is working… but not your Macbook from 2017.. does the printer show up under system preferences > scanners and printers? It should be plugged in via USB at least for a test print… if you go to the “add printer” part where you see a plus and minus ( +) and ( - ) and you hold down the Control key while clicking on the ( +) you should see “reset printing system” .. like this : link: Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support (CA)

other than trying a reset smc/pmu and zapping pram 4 times on startup thats all i got… see this link: https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

john b

Epson ET-2650 series won’t print on Macbook 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.