Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv sync

Hi, I Have two Apple Tv boxes that my streaming apps sync to, and when I go into the Apple Tv app on my Macbook Air or my iMac, they do not show up, but they appear on my iPhone and Ipad. So I have the latest Ios on all my devices, and all my logins are correct.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:23 PM

The Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV box is able to connect to select content provider apps. Some functionality for content access is available through the Apple TV app: promotional mentions in Watch Now, the queue list of Up Next, and search results from Search.

Those apps do mostly not exist on Mac, and therefore that functionality is currently not build into macOS. On Mac, most of these third party content provider services are available on the web instead. It works as intended.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 9:23 PM in response to espo2032

The Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV box is able to connect to select content provider apps. Some functionality for content access is available through the Apple TV app: promotional mentions in Watch Now, the queue list of Up Next, and search results from Search.

Those apps do mostly not exist on Mac, and therefore that functionality is currently not build into macOS. On Mac, most of these third party content provider services are available on the web instead. It works as intended.

Apple Tv sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.