Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air intel macOS Big Sur battery is not charging

MacBook Air intel macOS Big Sur battery is not charging... New battery installed May 22 used about 15 times the battery is at 1% since I have not use for a month was at 98% when last used. Now at 1% and shows battery not charging

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:18 PM

1234dolin Said:

"MacBook Air intel macOS Big Sur battery is not charging... New battery installed May 22 used about 15 times the battery is at 1% since I have not use for a month was at 98% when last used. Now at 1% and shows battery not charging"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 8:18 PM in response to 1234dolin

1234dolin Said:

"MacBook Air intel macOS Big Sur battery is not charging... New battery installed May 22 used about 15 times the battery is at 1% since I have not use for a month was at 98% when last used. Now at 1% and shows battery not charging"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

MacBook Air intel macOS Big Sur battery is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.