Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to AppleTV on television

My AppleID email address is different to the email address on my AppleTV subscription. How do I change the email address for my subscription to be the same as my AppleID address? After I have logged in on the tv it tells me I have no subscriptions and I believe that this is because the two email addresses are different.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 4:04 AM

Your Apple TV+ subscription has to be linked to an Apple ID account. The only way to have two addresses for Apple, is to have two accounts. Users can’t move services to another account, though. Only by canceling and re-subscribing.

Email addresses have to be unique for Apple services. An Apple ID account must have an email address associated with it that is not in use on any other Apple account.

For assistance with your account, you may want to contact the Support staff.

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

To change the email address for an Apple ID account, see here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. You can’t use that to merge accounts, though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 4:04 AM in response to Surge211

Your Apple TV+ subscription has to be linked to an Apple ID account. The only way to have two addresses for Apple, is to have two accounts. Users can’t move services to another account, though. Only by canceling and re-subscribing.

Email addresses have to be unique for Apple services. An Apple ID account must have an email address associated with it that is not in use on any other Apple account.

For assistance with your account, you may want to contact the Support staff.

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

To change the email address for an Apple ID account, see here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. You can’t use that to merge accounts, though.

Login to AppleTV on television

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.