Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won’t accept my card as a payment method

I was trying to purchase something on an app and then it tried to verify using my card issuer. Even though I went through this process it still denied it so I tried to remove the payment method and add it again. This didn’t work. Now a message appears saying this: “payment method declined, try updating it or adding a new payment method.” And now it won’t let me add my card. I have Googled and tried every method recommended and none work. Everything is registered to the right address of the right country and every other card I tested worked (not mine so I can’t just “use another”) but mine doesn’t on any phone I tried it with. Is this a problem with my bank or what? It’s even stranger because it lets me register it to Apple Pay but not use it as a payment method. What do I do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 12:29 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below. Link to contact Apple Support in the article. 

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store*

Possible fixes.   Fix ‘Your Payment Method Was Declined’ Error In App Store.  -

Payment method declined in iTunes or the App Store.   -

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

iPhone won’t accept my card as a payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.