Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my cloud synced playlists back on my iphone??

It's really unbelievable how many issues I (and obviously MANY others have given the search results for iTunes problems) have using iTunes/Music with iCloud. Songs go missing, disparity between content on different devices. And now, all my playlists on my iPhone are gone. They're all still on my computer, but I can't figure out how to get them back on my phone because everything is synced through iCloud. I've updated cloud from Music on my Mac, I've signed out of my media account on my iPhone, I've restarted my iPhone, I've disabled and reenabled Music syncing on both devices, all to no avail. Whenever I do one of these and go into Music on my phone, it says updating library. But it almost seems like it gives up because the progress bar doesn't go all the way - the status just disappears.

Also, I don't use the Apple Music service (and NEVER will). And yes, I do have Playlists enabled for display in Music on my phone.

I'm on iOS 15.6.1 and macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina).

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 12:37 PM

Finally got my playlists issue resolved after like an hour on phone support. I had to connect my phone to my Mac, turn off library syncing on my phone (under Settings -> Music), go to the Music tab of the iPhone sync settings on my Mac and click Sync to resync my library. Then went back to the phone's music settings and turned library syncing back on. It messed up the "Recently Added" section in Music on my iPhone (it now thinks everything is recently added :p), but at least I got all my playlists back.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 12:37 PM in response to picas

Finally got my playlists issue resolved after like an hour on phone support. I had to connect my phone to my Mac, turn off library syncing on my phone (under Settings -> Music), go to the Music tab of the iPhone sync settings on my Mac and click Sync to resync my library. Then went back to the phone's music settings and turned library syncing back on. It messed up the "Recently Added" section in Music on my iPhone (it now thinks everything is recently added :p), but at least I got all my playlists back.

Sep 3, 2022 7:47 PM in response to picas

Yes as I said in my post, I disabled and reenabled music syncing. While I don't pay for Apple Music, I do pay for Itunes Match, which does the syncing. But it's definitely broken. I tried another music app that can sync with apples icloud music, and it didn't show any playlists either. At this point I'm ready to give up. I've exported my playlists as xml files, so at the very least I can delete the playlists in itunes and reimport them. Hopefully that will trigger pushing them up to the cloud. Or I'll just ditch itunes for good. It's given me WAY too many problems ever since icloud was created.

How do I get my cloud synced playlists back on my iphone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.