Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought Apple Watch and it has Activation Lock.

When i set up my apple watch there’s something about a activation lock but i just got it from Walmart. What do I do?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 2:36 PM

I would not expect this when purchasing from Walmart directly, but these cases seemingly can arise with other resellers, whether those others are reselling though a Walmart, or eBay, or Amazon, or NewEgg, or Facebook Marketplace, or other such sales websites.

If this was Walmart, they sold a not-new product as new. You’ll want to discuss this directly with them.

You seem to have got scammed, regardless.

Nobody here can help with Activation Lock, and Apple won’t help absent sufficiently convincing proof of ownership.

Contact Apple Support. Here is how to start an Activation Lock service request: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 2:36 PM in response to chloe2093

I would not expect this when purchasing from Walmart directly, but these cases seemingly can arise with other resellers, whether those others are reselling though a Walmart, or eBay, or Amazon, or NewEgg, or Facebook Marketplace, or other such sales websites.

If this was Walmart, they sold a not-new product as new. You’ll want to discuss this directly with them.

You seem to have got scammed, regardless.

Nobody here can help with Activation Lock, and Apple won’t help absent sufficiently convincing proof of ownership.

Contact Apple Support. Here is how to start an Activation Lock service request: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Just bought Apple Watch and it has Activation Lock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.