You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best password manager

I am using last pass and have a huge amount of data stored there. My wife and I share this account. I'm concerned about her or myself as well doing something in the rush of our daily lives that causes or allows someone to get into this program.

I am curious about what the community has to say about the best way to manage passwords when I have hundreds of them. If it was just myself, maybe the MacBook built in manger would be best (?) however, it's also my wife that needs access to these passwords. She owns no Mac computer and only uses her cellphone and a late model iPad.

I'm at a loss as to the best path forward. Does the community have any feedback you can offer? I would be very grateful. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 4:45 PM

I use 1Password. My wife uses a Windows laptop and an iPhone (but it also can be used on an Android). We share many of the passwords. It works very well and is very secure. See: https://1password.com

2 replies

Best password manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.