Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Paint Chipping Away

Why does the paint chip so dang easily? I have never dropped my phone even once (believe it or not), I always put my phone in my case (RhinoShield SolidSuit) and take it off every 2 days to clean both my phone and the case using a microfiber cloth so I basically take really good care of my phone, until I realize that there are a few white marks on the sides of the phone, and at first I thought those were just some marks that I can scrape off with my fingers, but then I realized that it was the paint that got chipped off. Is there anything I can do? A replacement? If I trade in this phone, would it lower down the value for something that isn't even my fault?

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 8:46 AM

Hello Xalphire,

Based on what you’ve shared with us, this appears to be cosmetic damage or normal wear and tear. There really isn't anything that can be done or needs to be done. Apple doesn’t cover cosmetic damage in their one-year warranty or with AppleCare. Based on the current trade-in program, normal wear and tear shouldn’t lower the value, only damage like a cracked device or no powering on is mentioned.

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

Apple Trade In - Apple

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Xalphire

Hello Xalphire,

Based on what you’ve shared with us, this appears to be cosmetic damage or normal wear and tear. There really isn't anything that can be done or needs to be done. Apple doesn’t cover cosmetic damage in their one-year warranty or with AppleCare. Based on the current trade-in program, normal wear and tear shouldn’t lower the value, only damage like a cracked device or no powering on is mentioned.

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

Apple Trade In - Apple

Cheers!

iPhone 13 Paint Chipping Away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.