Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2nd generation update

How do I update my Apple TV 2nd generation? My iPhone looks like it is mirroring but nothing shows up on my TV

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 5:36 PM

The 2nd Generation Apple TV hasn't been able to update for close on ten years. The last update it could perform was iOS 7.1.2 (Apple TV 6.2.1) in 2014.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support shows that only Apple TV HD and 4K models can update to the current system.

The unit itself is twelve years old and becoming very out of date, apparent when used with more modern hardware such as your iPhone. You might consider buying a new Apple TV if your current model is not suiting your needs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 5:36 PM in response to MomGoose5

The 2nd Generation Apple TV hasn't been able to update for close on ten years. The last update it could perform was iOS 7.1.2 (Apple TV 6.2.1) in 2014.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support shows that only Apple TV HD and 4K models can update to the current system.

The unit itself is twelve years old and becoming very out of date, apparent when used with more modern hardware such as your iPhone. You might consider buying a new Apple TV if your current model is not suiting your needs.

Apple TV 2nd generation update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.